The Wing and Thumb Library dialog box allows you to easily add industry standard wing nut, wing screw or thumb screw to your Drawing. The parts models created are standard AutoCAD solid models that can be added to your assembly drawing as 2D or 3D entities. It’s like having the Machinery’s Handbook on-line. You just point, click and Wings will create a solid model or 2D entity of the wing nut, wing screw or thumb screw selected.
Using Wings Library:
From Wings on the menu bar, click Wing and Thumb Library. The Wing and Thumb Library Dialog box will appear. The Wings library allows you to create solid models, 3D entities or 2D isometric entities of assorted Wing Nuts, Wing Screws and Thumb Screws. Select a standard part, thread style, other desired property, and click the OK button.
To insert the Part, follow these steps:
- Click on the type of part desired.
- Click on the part size.
- Click on the part length.
- Click on OK at the bottom of the Dialog box to insert the part.
- Click on the screen location desired to insert the part.
Wing and thumb Library Dialog Box Descriptions
Part Library: This drop-down list displays all of the standard part types in the library.
Part Size: This combo box displays all of the standard part sizes based on the part selected.
Part Length: This drop-downlist displays all of the standard part lengths based on the size selected.
Thread Style: This drop-down list has two settings for controlling the display of threads: Simplified or Schematic. Simplified will create a part with no threads on it. Schematic will create a part with threads simulated as a series of V grooves in the model.
Full Thread: This option will create a part with threads running the full length of the shank.
Type: Under the option “Type,” select Solid or 2D. If 2D is selected, click on the option desired in the drop-down list.
If the “Custom…..” option is chosen, the following dialog box will open. This option allows the part to be rotated. To see a visual interpretation, use the slider in the dialog box.
Benefits of Ordering
When you order Wings Library, you will receive the following:
- Wings Library program with the latest revisions and enhancements!
- Free technical support for as long as you need it, and for no charge! How many of our competitors can say the same?
- We keep you up to date by offering terrific pricing on upgrades to new versions, special deals on related products, and of course free bug fixes and minor updates to Wings Library.
- Peace of mind knowing your program is created by Chris Watts Design. Our AutoLISP programs are being used in thousands of products all over the world and we have been producing autolisp based solutions since AutoCAD 10! We have been around for a while, and will continue to develop and support our autolisp program tools.
Wings Library is fully integrated with AutoCAD WIN95,WIN98,WIN2000,ME,XP,Vista). This program comes with a windows setup and uninstalls programs.